Sunday, April 30, 2006

India get the World Cup in 2011, Aus in 2015, Eng 2019

No I'm not posing as Nostradamus, nor am I busting some secret tournament fixing by ICC. That is not my take on World Cup winning teams from the future. It's just the distribution of future Cup hosting rights as announced by the ICC today.
Bad luck Punter and Straussie, but you'll never get to play a World Cup at home!
Oh - what about Jammy? By the way do you remember that Rahul Dravid made his ODI debut in the Singer Cup Tourney at Singapore in India's first match following that Eden 1996 semi-final defeat to Sri Lanka? After his 1st two matches I faintly recall a friend getting amused at this new player who "keeps batting rock solid before getting out for these 3's and 4's".
It's been 10 years of 'wall'ing since narrowly missing out on a home World Cup. So what are his chances of featuring in the 2011 World Cup as a player?
If you ask me the chances are bleak, real bleak.....

No comments: